A kidney infection can be explained as a bacterial infection of one or both kidneys. It is a common problem, affecting about 1 in 10 women and 1 in 20 men at some point in their lives. Kidney infections can range from mild to severe, and they can sometimes lead to serious complications, such as sepsis.
The most common symptom of a kidney infection is pain in the back or side, below the ribs. Other symptoms can include fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and frequent urination. If you experience some or all of these symptoms, it is important to consult a doctor right away.
How to Relieve Kidney Infection Pain:
The treatment for a kidney infection is antibiotics. The doctor suggests the type of antibiotic and the length of treatment depending on the severity of the infection. In most cases, antibiotics will clear up the infection within a few days.
In addition to antibiotics, there are a number of things you can do to relieve the pain and discomfort of a kidney infection. These include:
- Staying Hydrated. Drinking plenty of fluids helps to flush out the bacteria and reduce the concentration of urine. Water is the best choice, but you can also drink other fluids, such as cranberry juice, clear broth, or sports drinks.
- Applying Heat. A heating pad or hot water bottle can help to relieve pain and inflammation. Apply the heat to the area of your back or side that is hurting.
- Taking Pain Medication. Don’t take self-prescribed medication. Your doctor will suggest you the medication to relieve pain and fever. If you have chronic kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking any medications.
- Getting Plenty of Rest. Your body needs time to heal, so it is important to get plenty of rest. Avoid strenuous activity and activities that put pressure on your back, such as lifting heavy objects.
Natural Remedies to Relieve Kidney Infection:
There are a number of natural remedies that you can try to relieve kidney infection pain. These include:
- Cranberry Juice. Cranberry juice can help to prevent bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract and cure kidney infection in natural way Drink 1-2 glasses of cranberry juice per day.
- Parsley Juice. Parsley juice is a natural diuretic that can help to flush out bacteria and reduce inflammation. Drink 1-2 cups of parsley juice per day.
- Epsom Salt Baths. Epsom salt baths can help to relieve pain and inflammation. Add 2 cups of Epsom salts to a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes.
- Drinking Plenty of Fluids. As mentioned above, drinking plenty of fluids helps to flush out bacteria and reduce the concentration of urine.
The best way to avert a kidney infection is to adopt good hygiene habits. This includes:
- Urinating Often. Urinating often helps to flush out bacteria from the urinary tract.
- Drinking Plenty of Fluids. Drinking plenty of fluids helps to keep the urine dilute, which makes it more difficult for bacteria to grow.
- Cleaning Yourself Properly After Bowel Movements. Wipe from front to back to avoid spreading bacteria from the rectum to the urethra.
- Washing Your Hands Often. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, changing a diaper, or before eating.
Kidney infection pain can be very uncomfortable, but there are a number of things you can do to relieve it. By following the tips in this article, you can get relief from your pain and start feeling better soon.